Last updated: April 2020
West Midlands, UK
- Mixed methods research
- Written and verbal communication
- People, project and events management
- Public speaking and workshop facilitation
- Community management and social media
- Photography, videography and post-production
- PhD in Human Computer Interaction (in progress)
- Practitioner Level in Agile Project Management, CUPE, 2015
- B.A. (Hons) Photography (First Class), Coventry University, 2014
- A Levels in Geography, History and Photography (A,A,B)
- AS Levels in Art and English Literature (B,B)
- 13 GCSEs (A*-B)
- PhD Researcher, Horizon Digital Economy Research CDT, University of Nottingham
September 2016 – present (full-time)
- Research Intern, Trust and Technology Initiative, University of Cambridge
September 2018-December 2018
- Social Media Specialist, Horizon Digital Economy Research, University of Nottingham
July 2018 – January 2019
- Projects and Community Officer, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University
July 2015 – September 2016
- Unit Administrator, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University
September 2014 – June 2015
- Manager on Duty, Pizza Express
September 2012 – September 2014
- Health Privacy Toolkit (2020)
- 5Rights Youth Juries OER (2017)
- Towards Openness (2016-2018)
- PrivacyUG (2016)
- Game Changers (2015-2016)
- Phonar Nation (2014-2016)
- George Rodger Archive: Story 38 (2014)
- O’Leary, K., Coulson, N., Perez-Vallejos, E., & McAuley, D. (2020). Towards understanding how individuals with inflammatory bowel disease use contemporary social media platforms for health-related discourse. Computers in Human Behavior, 112, 106463. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2020.106463
- O’Leary, K. (2020). Understanding privacy for patients with a chronic illness using social media platforms for support. Paper presented at: International Conference on Medical and Health Sciences. Rome. Italy.
- Arnab, S., Morini, L., Green, K., Masters, A., & Bellamy-Woods, T. (2017). We are the game changers: An open gaming literacy programme. International Journal of Game-Based Learning. https://doi.org/10.4018/IJGBL.2017070105
- Clarke, S., Arnab, S., Morini, L., Wood, O., Green, K., Masters, A., & Bourazeri, A. (2016). EscapED: A framework for creating live-action, interactive games for higher/further education learning and soft skills development. 10th European Conference on Games Based Learning.
Talks, Lectures, Workshops and exhibitions
- Speaker, International Conference on Health and Medical Science, Rome, Italy (February 2020)
- Workshop Leader, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (November 2019)
- Keynote Speaker, Hereford College of Art (May 2019)
- Speaker, Trust and Technology Institute Launch Event, University of Cambridge (September 2018).
- Panel speaker, Internet Society UK-England Chapter’s Multisided Trust in Multisided Platforms, British Computer Society, London (April 2018).
- Guest speaker, Safer Internet Day, Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Lincolnshire (February 2018).
- Guest speaker, Internet Literacy and Safety, St Andrew’s Primary School, Lincolnshire (December 2017).
- Guest, BBC Radio Lincolnshire (October 2017)
- Awardee, Internet Society’s 25 Under 25 Scheme, Internet Society, Los Angeles (September 2017).
- Speaker, “Towards Openness: Safety in Open Online Learning”, Un-symposium, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University, UK (April 2017)
- Workshop facilitator, “Towards Openness: Safety in Open Online Learning”, OER17 Conference, London, UK (April 2017)
- Speaker, “#PrivacyUG”, OER17 Conference, London, UK (April 2017)
- Speaker, “Living with IBD as a Digital Citizen”, Digital Media and Learning Conference, UC Irvine, USA (October 2016)
- Open class facilitator, “#PrivacyUG, an open and underground privacy class”, secret location (May 2016)
- Visiting Lecturer, “What does privacy mean as an open and connected learner?”, Leuphana Media School, Leuphana Germany (May 2016)
- Speaker, “Ignite Presentation: Pergamon”, DMLL Expo 2016, Coventry University (April 2016)
- Speaker, “Pergamon Project Dissemination”, EuroForum European Commission, Luxembourg (February 2016)
- Panel Speaker, “My Open Experience as a Learner and Teacher”, Embracing Open HEA Conference, Chichester University (January 2016)
- Lecturer and Workshop Facilitator, Films to Make You Feel Good, Coventry University (December 2015)
- Speaker, “Game Changers”, Autumn Disruption, Disruptive Media Learning Lab, Coventry University (November 2015)
- Workshop organiser and Facilitator, “Social Media Circuit Training”, Teaching and Learning Conference, Coventry University (June 2015)
- Exhibitor, “George Rodger Archive: Story 38”, Santander PHOTO Festival, Santander Spain (June 2015)
- Speaker, “Power of the Network in Open and Connected Learning”, Department of Media, Lincoln University (April 2015)
- Workshop facilitator, “Phonar Nation”, The Big Think Conference, City and Guilds, The Science Museum, London (December 2014)
- Guest Lecturer, “Power of the Network” and “Visualising Data: George Rodger Archive” Phonar, Coventry University (October 2014)
- Guest Lecturer, “Visualising Data: George Rodger Archive”, MA Photography, Coventry University (November 2014)
- Exhibitor, “George Rodger Archive: Story 38”, IMG19 Photographic exhibition, Lanchester Art Gallery Coventry (May 2014)
- Contributor of “Uninvited” photobook, Box of Dummy Books Roadshow, Photobook Club, International (April 2014)
- Speaker, “Archives Want to be Free”, IMG19 Photography Symposium, Herbert Art Gallery Coventry (February 2014)
- Workshop organiser and facilitator, “Phonar Primary”, St Andrews Primary School, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire (November 2013)
- Exhibitor, “Unwelcome Invitation”, Santander PHOTO Festival, Santander Spain (June 2013)
- Exhibitor, “Unwelcome Invitation”, #Picbod13 Exhibition, Fargo Coventry (March 2013)
- MisinfoCon. Guest blog post. Trust and Technology Initiative. University of Cambridge. (November 2018).
- We Need a Common Language for the Internet of Things. Blog post. Internet Society. (September 2018).
Publications about me
- Women who rule the web: Kate Green by Darlena Cunha. The British Council. (March 2019).
- Exploring the George Rodger Archive by Phil Coomes. BBC. (June 2014)
- Gender-based violence fundraiser, Nottingham (2018)
- DMLL Expo, Coventry (2016)
- Autumn Disruption, Coventry (2015)
- DMLL Expo, Coventry (2015)
- Disruptive Bytes, monthly lunctime series, Coventry (2015-2016)
- IMG19 Exhibition, Coventry (2014)
- IMG19 Symposium, Coventry (2014)
- Picbod Exhibition, Coventry (2013)